“A” DIVISION (Coach Pitch)
Children can learn to play and enjoy baseball at an early age with the help of good instruction and day-to-day experience. For the beginner or lightly experienced, the experience must be fun with ample opportunity to practice all the fundamentals of baseball; throwing, batting, fielding and running. The League’s A (Coach Pitch) program is the vehicle by which youngsters will practice and learn while focusing on maximum enjoyment.
The games are for player enjoyment and development and not intended to be competitive – scoring is not recorded.
The league will provide the team manager equipment for the season (practice balls, game balls, helmets with facemasks, catchers gear, baseball bat and tee – players should have their own glove)
The standard Little League Rule Book will apply with the following additional items:
- D5 Inter-League Rules (to be announced)
- Age: League age six, seven, and eight
- Dress: T-Shirt/Jersey and team hat are provided by the league as part of the registration fee
- Rubber cleats are required for safety purposes (player expense)
- Baseball pants are required for games to reduce injuries (player expense)
- Belt and socks, if the manager requested (player expense)
- Assignment of Players: The Player Agent will assign the teams based on the registration numbers. Teams will have approximately the same number of players by age/experience. If SCLL does not have enough players, we may combine play with another east side league or not be able to field a team and would cancel this division.